Air Conditioner Check List
One of the most vita air conditioning system is vital to your family’s comfort over the summer months, and making sure your system is ready to go when summer arrives is always a good idea!
How to Prepare Your AC System for Summer
- Replace your filters: Filters are a cost-effective way to prepare your AC for the summer months. Ideally, you should replace your filters every 2–3 months, you may want to do this more often if you have pets or you find your filter gets dirty fast. Replacing your filter will ensure that the air flow from your AC system is not restricted.
- Clear the area around your outdoor unit: You don’t want to start dismantling your AC unit, however you can clear the area around the unit to help with air flow and efficiency. Clear any leaves and debris from the surrounding area.
- Check the insulation: On the back of your unit there will be coolant lines that connect to your home. These lines should have insulation on them. If there is insulation missing or it is cracked, peeling, or frayed, give your local heating and cooling contractors a call.
- Turn your unit on: Turn your unit on early in the season to make sure it is running correctly before you need it most. You don’t have to cool off your house to do this. Just switch on your AC using the thermostat, check that cold air is coming from the vents, then turn the air off again. If it is still cold in your area, don’t forget to switch the heat back on.
- Check the registers: Make sure nothing is blocking the registers in your home. You may also want to lift the register grates up and make sure nothing has fallen into the vents. Often children’s toys or small pieces of materials can end up down the vent and it is important to remove these.
- Schedule a tune-up: Once a year, have a professional come out to your home to do a full check on your system. By having your system maintained you can make sure that it is running safely and efficiently. Regular tune-ups will also help extend the life of your air conditioning system.
Our team of experts can help you with all your home comfort needs.
Call us at 859-544-6066
CONTACT Our SPECIALISTS TODAY
Our aim is to remain a trustworthy and dependable source for heating and cooling services in Richmond, KY, and nearby areas. Hiring our HVAC technician also means benefiting from a wide range of industry knowledge and expertise. Call us or fill out the form for an appointment.